Nuts are hard to come by because there are different kinds. Brazilian nuts may be unfamiliar territory to you so we’ll dive deep into learning more about how to buy these types of nuts.
If nuts are your favorite snack food and you want to see what Brazilian nuts taste like to see what the comparison is, then you will need to know how to shop for them. To become more familiar with Brazilian nuts, you will need to know where to look for them, what they look like, and what you need to know before you head to the grocery stores. There are other questions you may have that will be answered throughout this guide.
Where Can I Buy Brazil Nuts?
Online? In the store? Grocery services? You need to know where you can buy Brazil nuts before you start traveling from place to place. Below, you will find a list of places where you will find Brazil nuts.
- Whole Foods
- We Got Nuts – This is specifically designed to order certain nuts. The website is designed for you to order Brazilian nuts to be shipped to your home.
- A Nuts – This is another online website where you can order Brazilian nuts. You can also choose to order them in bulk from 3 to over 27 pounds.
What do Brazil Nuts Look Like?
You can’t go to the stores or search online for Brazil nuts if you don’t have any information about them. You should know what they look like so you know what you’re searching for.
Are they big or small? Are the nuts enclosed in shells? What is the texture of Brazil nuts? These questions and more will be answered below. By the time you’re finished reading this section, you will know what to look for when you begin shopping.
- You can buy Brazil nuts that are enclosed in a shell. The shell is dark, usually brown or black. It has a few ridges around the shell, and it looks like it came from a dinosaur or other fossils from the precise times.
- Of course, you don’t eat the shell but you can crack it and eat the part that’s inside the shell. The shell, itself, almost looks chopped up chopped-up the nuts look like they are a mixture of beige and white colors with some brown spots. They may also look like lima beans, except they’re not green.
- Look for either one of these shapes and colors when you’re shopping for Brazil nuts and you will locate these nuts without a problem.
Also Read: 8 Common Shelled Nuts for Sale at the Store
How to Find Brazil Nuts in the Grocery Store?
When you go to grocery stores, you have to look up and down the aisles to find what you need. The only time it gets hard is when you’re looking for something that you have never purchased before. In this section, you will learn how to find Brazil nuts and where they’re located. If you’re the kind of person that loves online shopping, you will learn how to navigate to the right department.
- In grocery stores, the Brazil nuts will be located in the nut aisle. In the same aisle, you purchase the trail mix, you will find the Brazil nuts near it.
- If they’re not close to the trail mix, try the aisle where the peanut butter is located.
- You may also find them in the snack aisle.
- Those are three options to find in grocery stores, but what about online stores? All you have to do is go to one of the websites listed above and type in Brazil nuts. It will direct you to the right place.
Things to Consider Before you Buy Brazil Nuts
Before you begin shopping, think about what you need to consider. What are you looking for? What are the bag sizes they come in? These questions and more you need to consider before heading out to the store.
What do you need Brazil Nuts for?
This is the first question you should ask yourself. If you need them for a recipe, be sure to have the amount of Brazil nuts you need for that recipe. If you’re purchasing them as a snack, then you may want to purchase a small bag. If you’re purchasing them as a gift, then you should get a larger bag.
What’s the expiration date?
Keep an eye out for the expiration date and see when they expire. You should make sure you’re only getting the amount you need if they expire within the year. Larger bags may have a longer expiration date.
What are you looking for?
When you find Brazil nuts, they will be in a bag of a certain size. You won’t find these nuts where you have to scoop them and put them in a plastic bag like you have to do for vegetables.
How Much do Brazil Nuts Cost?
It’s best to be prepared so you know how much you will be spending. Plus, if you’re bringing cash, it’s a good idea to know the amount of money to bring. It is at different prices at different stores.
- Walmart – At Walmart, a small 8 oz package can cost around 6 dollars, while a 12 oz package could cost around 15 dollars.
- Publix – Publix is a little more expensive. A 5 oz package can cost around 5 dollars.
- Whole Foods – When you shop at Whole Foods, the price varies depending on the store you shop at. It could cost you around 16 dollars per pound at some locations. A 5 oz bag can cost around 6 dollars, so it’s a little more expensive than Publix and Walmart.
- Amazon – You can purchase a 125g bag on Amazon for around 30 dollars. When you purchase items online, you also have to think about shipping costs.
- We Got Nuts – You will receive free shipping, but the price of a 3-pound bag will cost you anywhere from 30 to 50 dollars.
- Nuts.com – You may pay around 20 to 350 dollars for a 1-pound to 25-pound bag of nuts.